Master the basics of financial modelling in Excel on this 2-day Excel training course.
This is a hands-on course. We make sure that you have lots of chances to practise what you are learning so that you can try it out for yourself and ask questions.
✔ A complete Excel financial modelling course that covers all of the basics.
✔ Plenty of one to one attention and time to ask questions.
✔ Friendly expert trainers, small groups and a comfortable place to learn.
Paul is our usual trainer for this financial modelling course.
He has worked as an Excel specialist for the last 30 years both training and developing Excel models for a variety of clients, including many large international businesses and household names.
What Will I Learn
By the end of this course, you will be happily building your own financial models in Excel from scratch.
- Best practices for setting up and laying out your model.
- How to quickly audit your model for errors and circular references.
- How to use specialist financial functions like NPV and XIRR.
- Using goal seek and solver for scenario analysis in financial models.
- Using macros and user-defined functions in VBA to speed up your work.
Am I Ready For This Course?
This financial modelling course assumes that you have a good knowledge of working with Excel spreadsheets.
As a minimum, you have attended our advanced Excel course or have similar practical experience.
Click on the sections below to see in detail what is covered during this 2-day Excel modelling course.
This section shows you how to set up a financial model properly. This is the foundation on which all of your other analysis will be built.
It covers concepts like:
- Model structure – Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet and Cashflow statements
- Financial model formatting and best practices
- Using Range Names
- Maximising your model’s flexibility
- Using Tables
- Creating, editing, finding and maintaining links between workbooks
- Building larger models
- Auditing your model
- Creating Charts
Now that you understand how to set up a financial model properly, you start looking at the detail of setting up data analysis so that your model can produce the key output of period financial statements.
This section covers:
- Financial functions – SUM, SUBTOTAL, NPV, IRR, XIRR etc.
- Lookup functions – INDEX, VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, MATCH, OFFSET etc.
- Text Functions – LEN, FIND, LEFT, RIGHT, MID, TRIM etc.
- Database features – functions, reporting, filtering, extracting
- Pivot Tables
- Handling circular references
The Training Day
You don’t need to bring anything with you. We provide everything that you need for 2 really productive and fun days of training.
Our courses run from 9.30 am to roughly 4.30 pm with refreshments and biscuits throughout the day and a break for lunch.
We offer a relaxed, supportive learning environment, fully air-conditioned facilities and some of the nicest instructors on the planet.
Also, you’ll receive:
✔ A full-colour A4 manual covering everything in the course.
✔ A USB stick so that you can take the course exercises home with you.
✔ A Certificate of Attendance.
Online Training Requirements
To attend this Excel course online, you will need:
✔ MS Excel on your Windows PC with a camera, speakers & microphone
✔ A stable internet connection capable of running Zoom
✔ To be a confident computer user and able to use Zoom
If you have access to a second screen, we would encourage you to use it as it improves the experience.