This advanced SQL training course will further develop your use of SQL to manage a relational database.
By the end of this advanced course you will be a very capable SQL user confident to use its more complex commands when viewing and managing tables. You will also be able to run complex queries.Download the course details
To develop your knowledge of writing SQL scripts to manage data stored in a relational database.
This course is suitable for anyone who wants to learn the advanced SQL querying whether they work with Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Access, Oracle, MySQL, Google BigQuery or other database systems.
Delegates for this course should have a basic understanding of SQL select statements.
This course assumes a knowledge of SQL to the level of our Introduction course.
This is a fun, hands-on course during which you will be encouraged to work individually to practice the techniques that you are being taught.
Please see here if you are looking for Microsoft SQL Server specific courses.
We do not have a dress code. Please come wearing whatever your are most comfortable wearing.
• Relational database concepts
• The role of SQL and ANSI standards
• Creating a database
• Creating tables
• SQL data types
• Altering tables (adding, dropping and renaming columns)
• Table and column constraints
• The role of indexes
• Inserting data
• Importing data
• Good practice when writing SQL queries
• Exploring the templates and stored procedures available in SSMS
• Saving script files v saving stored procedures
• Using Parameterised queries
• Recap on writing JOIN statements and column and table aliases
• ISNULL() function v IS NULL criterion
• Useful string, date and convert functions •Aggregate functions
• Group by clause including rollup
• IF and CASE
• UNION queries
• Working with INSERT
• Working with UPDATE
• Working with DELETE
• Creating computed columns
• Using Begin transactions with Commit and Rollback
• Simple error trapping
• Writing sub queries
• Over() and Over(Partition by)
• Row() v Rank()
• Creating a view
• Selecting data using a view
• Altering and dropping views
Have a question?
We're here to answer them
01483 688488Contact us