Master Xero payroll the easy way. Learn the process from set up and new joiners through to leavers and annual submissions.
This is a hands-on course. There is lots of time to try things out for yourself and ask questions.
By the end of this course, you’ll be confident to use Xero’s full suite of payroll features.
✔ A focused one day course that covers all of Xero’s payroll features.
✔ Plenty of one to one attention and time to ask questions.
✔ A friendly expert trainer, small groups, and a comfortable place to learn.
✔ All the materials and extras that you’ll ever need.
✔ Ongoing support and help with issues you have after the course.
What Will I Learn?
You’ll learn how to use the following features confidently:
- Setting up your company and employee records.
- Dealing with adjustments like SSP, SMP, staff loans etc.
- Producing and printing forms: P32, P45 and P60s.
- Dealing with the real time information changes (RTI)
- Dealing with the CIS scheme including setting up sub-contractors
Please note: Xero does not accredit trainer-led training courses and so this is not a Xero-accredited course.
Am I Ready For This Course?
This course assumes that you have either attended our Introduction to Xero course or have practical experience that gives you equivalent knowledge.
The Training Day
Our courses run from 9.30 am to roughly 4.30 pm with refreshments throughout the day and a break for a tasty, freshly prepared lunch.
We offer a relaxed, supportive learning environment, fully air-conditioned facilities, and some of the nicest instructors on the planet.
Also, you’ll receive:
✔ A full-colour manual covering everything in the course for future reference.
✔ A USB stick for the course exercises to let you practice more in your own time.
✔ A Certificate of Attendance.
- Passwords and housekeeping
- Navigating within Xero Payroll
- Company Details
- Setting up employees’ records
- Creating payment and deduction types
- Analysing payroll data by department
- Entering gross salaries
- Dealing with adjustments including bonuses, staff loans, staff purchases, etc.
- Printing payslips
- Placing employees on hold
- Updating the payroll
- Entering SSP/SMP etc
- Pre-update and post-update reports
- Payroll summary reports
- Printing Forms P32, P45 and P60 etc
- Adding new employees to the payroll
- Operating the Week1 / Month1 tax code
- Removing existing employees from the payroll
- Generating P45s
- Payroll changes introduced by RTI
- How to prepare for RTI
- Automatic deductions from invoices and bills on any browser
- Set up subcontractors
- Create CIS suffered report
- Create payment and deduction statements
- View monthly return information
Online Training Requirements
To attend this Xero course online, you will need:
✔ Xero on your Windows PC/laptop with a camera, speakers & microphone
✔ A stable internet connection capable of running Zoom
✔ To be a confident computer user and able to use Zoom
If you have access to a second screen, we would encourage you to use it as it improves the experience.