Master the basics of SPSS on this two-day training course.
This is a hands-on course. It includes lots of time to practise what you are being taught and try things out for yourself.
By the time you finish, you’ll be comfortable using a wide range of SPSS’s core features.
✔ A complete beginners’ course that covers all of SPSS’s basics.
✔ Plenty of one to one attention and time to ask questions.
✔ Friendly expert trainers and small groups.
✔ All the materials and extras that you’ll ever need.
What Will I Learn?
With plenty of practice included, this course will soon have you working independently in SPSS.
You’ll learn about
- Reading and Modifying Data.
- Variable Properties.
- Describing Relationships Between Variables.
- Selecting Cases.
- Regression Analysis.
Am I Ready For This Course?
This is a beginners’ course so you do not need prior experience with SPSS.
We would recommend that you have experience of working with Windows computers and an awareness of statistics before attending.
- Explain the basic steps of data analysis using IBM SPSS Statistics
- Describe the choices on the file menu to read and save data files
- Read Excel files
- Describe all the variable properties
- Define variable properties in the Variable View window
- Define variable properties using the Define Variable Properties dialog
- View variable properties interactively using Variables Utility
- Use the features of Visual Binning to group a scale variable
- Use the features of Recode for categorical variables
- Automatic recode of string [text] data
- Create new variables with numeric expressions
- Create new variables with conditional numeric expressions
- Merging files
- Aggregating data
- Select the appropriate procedure to summarize the relationship between two variables
- Use the Crosstabs procedure to summarize the relationship between categorical variables
- Use the Means procedure to summarize the relationship between a scale and a categorical variable
- Use the Correlations procedure to summarize the relationship between two scale variables
- Describe and use the features of the Select Cases dialog
- Describe and use the features of the Split File dialog
- Simple regression analysis
- Multiple regression analysis
- Adding dummy variables into a regression analysis
Online Training Requirements
To attend this SPSS course online, you will need:
✔ SPSS on your Windows PC/laptop with a camera, speakers & microphone
✔ A stable internet connection capable of running Zoom
✔ To be a confident computer user and able to use Zoom
If you have access to a second screen, we would encourage you to use it as it improves the experience.