Quickly master the basics of Crystal Reports on this 2-day introductory course.
Learn all the skills you need to start downloading and manipulating data and creating reports.
This is a hands-on course. There is plenty of time to experiment with what you are being taught and to try things out for yourself.
By the time you finish, you’ll be comfortable using a wide range of Crystal’s core features.
✔ A complete beginners’ course that covers all of the basics.
✔ Plenty of one to one attention and time to ask questions.
✔ Friendly expert trainers, small groups and a comfortable place to learn.
✔ All the materials and extras that you’ll ever need.
✔ Ongoing support and help with issues you have after the course.
What Will I Learn?
As it includes lots of practical workshops this course will have you confidently working in Crystal Reports in no time.
You’ll learn about:
- Creating Basic Reports
- Sorting and Selecting Records
- Grouping and Summarising
- Using the Report Expert
- Basic Cross-tabs
- Creating Formulas
- Formatting Sections
- Distributing Data
Am I Ready for this Course?
This is a beginners’ course. We do not assume that you have used Crystal Reports before.
This course assumes that you have a basic understanding of working with computers, so you’re comfortable working with multiple windows, navigating the desktop and have an understanding of computer file storage (i.e. drives, files and folders). So long as you’re happy with that you’ll be fine.
The Training Day
Our courses run from 9.30am to roughly 4.15pm with refreshments throughout the day and a break for lunch.
We offer a relaxed, supportive learning environment, fully air-conditioned facilities and some of the nicest instructors on the planet.
Also, you’ll receive:
✔ A full-colour A4 manual covering everything in the course so that you can recap.
✔ A USB stick for the course exercises to let you practise more in your own time.
✔ A Certificate of Attendance.
- Examining the application’s capabilities
- Reports and databases
- Modify the program default settings
- Use help
- Identify the sections of the report
- Create a new report
- View your report as it will print
- Format your report by changing the size and position of the fields
- Enhance your report by adding a report title and changing the attributes
- Add page numbers, logos or other graphics in your report
- Save your report
- Sort records
- Use the Select Expert to limit records
- Add an additional selection criterion using the “And” statement
- Modify composite formulas and the selection criteria statement
- Define a single and multiple level group
- Modify grouping options
- Insert subtotals and grand totals
- Insert summary fields
- Insert percent of the total fields
- Use Top N/Sort Group Expert
- Understanding cross-tab reports
- Use the Cross-Tab Expert
- Edit your cross-tab report
- Modify cross-tab layout options
- Format your cross-tab report
- Understand relational database concepts
- Using the Visual Linking Expert
- Examine Link Options
- Difference between PC and SQL links
- Understand Formula Components
- Create formulas using the Formula Editor
- Make changes to formulas
- Create and use String formulas
- Create and use Date functions
- Work with summary formulas
- Create and use If-Then-Else functions
- Review sections
- Resize sections in Design view
- Use the Section Expert
- Create Summary and Drill Down reports
- Identify exporting options
- Export a report into office applications
- Create a report using spreadsheet data
- Discuss Web browser options to view reports on-line