Learn how to use VBA to take complete control of Word on this 2-day Word VBA training course.
This course is hands-on. There is plenty of time to try out what you are being taught by writing your own VBA code during the training course and also to ask questions.
By the time you finish, you’ll be a confident VBA programmer.
✔ A complete Word VBA course that covers all of the core concepts you need.
✔ Plenty of one to one attention and time to ask questions.
✔ Friendly expert VBA trainers, small groups and a comfortable place to learn.
✔ All the materials and extras that you’ll ever need.
✔ Ongoing support and help with issues you have after the course.
What Will I Learn?
This Word VBA course will get you confidently writing your own code in no time.
You’ll learn about:
- Creating, recording and editing macros in Word.
- The Word object model and VBA concepts.
- The key features of the VBA Editor window.
- Creating procedures, variables, objects and user-defined functions.
- Creating a custom form complete with controls.
- Creating procedures that start automatically.
Am I Ready For This Course?
This course assumes a knowledge of Word up to an advanced level. It does not assume any prior knowledge of working with macros or VBA.
The Training Day
Our courses run from 9.30am to approximately 4.30pm with refreshments and biscuits throughout the day and a break for a tasty, freshly prepared lunch.
We offer a relaxed, supportive learning environment, fully air-conditioned training facilities and some of the nicest instructors on the planet.
Also, you’ll receive:
✔ A full-colour A4 manual that covers everything in the course to keep.
✔ A USB stick so that you can take your course exercises home with you.
✔ A Certificate of Attendance.
- Introducing Visual Basic for Applications
- Recording a Macro
- Running a Macro
- Editing a Macro in the Visual Basic Editor
- Understanding the Desktop
- Using the Menu Bar
- Using the Toolbar
- Using the Project Explorer
- Introducing the Properties Window
- Using the Code Window
- Getting Help
- Closing the Visual Basic Editor
- Understanding Objects
- Exploring the Word Object Model
- Using the Object Browser
- Working with the Document Object
- Working with the Selection Object
- Working with the Code Window
- Understanding Expressions and Statements
- Declaring and Using Variables
- Understanding Data Types
- Working with the Input Box
- Using Intrinsic Constants
- Using the Message Box
- Using the With Statement
- Understanding UserForms
- Using the Toolbox
- Working with UserForm Properties, Events, and Methods
- Using the Properties Window
- Understanding Controls
- Working with the Label Control
- Working with the Text Box Control
- Working with the Command Button Control
- Working with the Combo Box Control
- Working with the Frame Control
- Working with Option Button Controls
- Working with Control Appearance
- Setting the Tab Order
- Understanding Sub Procedures and Functions
- Creating Functions
- Calling Procedures and Functions
- Using Intrinsic Functions
- Understanding Program Control Structures
- Working with the Select Case Structure
- Working with Conditional Expressions
- Working with the If…Then…Else Structure
- Working with Looping Structures
- Assigning a Macro to a Shortcut Key
- Assigning a Macro to a Custom Menu or Toolbar
- Modifying an Existing Word Command
- Creating an Automatic Macro
Online Training Requirements
To attend this Word course online, you will need:
✔ MS Word on your Windows PC/laptop with a camera, speakers & microphone
✔ A stable internet connection capable of running Zoom
✔ To be a confident computer user and able to use Zoom to attend the course
If you have access to a second screen, we would encourage you to use it as it improves the experience.