This 2 day instructor-led course describes how to empower information workers through self-service analytics and reporting. Students will learn how to develop tabular reports and implement rich data visualizations with Microsoft® SQL Server® Reporting Services. (SSRS)
The primary audience for this course is database and business intelligence (BI) professionals who create reporting solutions. Download the course details
This instructor-led course describes how to empower information workers through self-service analytics and reporting. Students will learn how to develop tabular reports and implement rich data visualizations with Microsoft® SQL Server® Reporting Services.
This course requires that you meet the following prerequisites:
- Experience of working with relational databases including:
- Creating tables and relationships.
- Querying with Transact-SQL.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel.
Our courses run from 9.30 am to approximately 4.30pm. While you are with us we are focused on offering you a relaxed and productive learning environment. When you book a course with use you get the following:
- A full colour training manual.
- The exercises that you have worked on during your course to allow you to practice afterwards.
- USB stick to take the exercises away (where relevant).
- Freshly prepared lunch in our onsite cafeteria.
- Refreshments though out the day.
- Training in fully air conditioned facilities from an experienced instructor.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the components, architecture, and nature of a BI solution.
- Describe key capabilities and components of SQL Server Reporting Services 2014.
- Create reports with SQL Server Reporting Services
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Business Intelligence
- Lesson 2: The Microsoft Business Intelligence Platform
- Lab: Reporting and Analysing Data
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Reporting Services
- Lesson 2: Creating a Report with Report Designer
- Lesson 3: Grouping and Aggregating Data in a Report
- Lesson 4: Publishing and Viewing a Report
- Lab: Creating a Report with Report Designer
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Self Service Reporting
- Lesson 2: Shared Data Sources and Datasets
- Lesson 3: Report Parts
- Lab: Implementing Self Service Reporting
- Lesson 1: Managing Report Security
- Lesson 2: Managing Report Execution
- Lesson 3: Subscriptions and Data Alerts
- Lesson 4: Troubleshooting Reporting Services
- Lab: Configuring Report Execution and Delivery