Master Report Builder 3.0 on this 2-day course.
This is a hands-on course. It includes lots of time to practise what you are being taught and try things out for yourself.
By the time you finish, you’ll be comfortable working independently in Report Builder to create reports.
✔ A complete Report Builder course that covers all of its main tools and functions.
✔ Plenty of one to one attention and time to ask questions.
✔ Friendly expert trainers, small groups and a comfortable place to learn.
✔ All the materials and extras that you’ll ever need.
✔ Ongoing support and help with issues you have after the course.
What Will I Learn?
By the end of this course you will be confidently creating reports on your own.
You will learn:
- How to create, manage and manipulate your data sets.
- Grouping, filtering and summarising your data.
- Creating, distributing and managing security for your report
Am I Ready For This Course?
It is designed for experienced Excel or Access users wanting to create reports for use with Microsoft Reporting Services, which is a component of Microsoft SQL Server. A basic knowledge of SQL is also needed, and we recommend having attended our Introduction to SQL course prior to attending this.
The Training Day
Our courses run from 9.30am to roughly 4.15pm with refreshments throughout the day and a break for lunch.
We offer a relaxed, supportive learning environment, fully air-conditioned training facilities and some of the nicest instructors on the planet.
Also, you’ll receive:
✔ A full-colour A4 manual covering everything in the course so that you can recap.
✔ A USB stick for the course exercises to let you practise more in your own time.
✔ A Certificate of Attendance.
- SSRS Architecture and key components
- Reporting life cycle in Reporting services
- About Report Builder 3.0
- Report Builder environment
- Demo: Creating basic report with report builder 3.0
- About Data Regions available in Report Builder
- About Table, Matrix, and List data regions
- Gauge and chart data visualization regions
- Using Indicators in Table region
- Creating Sparklines/Data bars in a Report
- Grouping Data in a Report
- Aggregating/ Summarising data in a Report
- Report Parameters
- Report Vs Query parameters
- Creating Cascading Parameters
- Applying filters on the report
- Filters at report and data region level
- Sorting data in the report
- Implementing Document maps
- Implementing Interactive sorting
- Creating Subreports
- Creating Drill-through reports
- Report management fundamentals
- About Report Manager
- Security in reporting services
- Item level and system level security
- Understanding subscriptions
- Prerequisites for standard subscription
- Email and file-share subscriptions
- Creating Data Source and Data sets
- Formatting Text Report
- Saving, Exporting and Printing Reports
- Creating a Basic Tabular and Matrix Report
- Creating a Basic Chart, Pie Chart and Bar Chart Report
- Adding Sparkline and KPI to your Report
- Creating parameters and filtering data in the Report
- Implementing drill-down, drill through and Interactive sorting in Reports
- Setting up report permissions and subscriptions in Report Manager