Master Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (‘SSIS’) with this 4-day course. Learn how to implement and use SSIS for data transfer and ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) operations.
This is a hands-on course. It includes lots of time to practise what you are being taught, try things out for yourself and ask questions.
By the time you finish, you’ll be comfortable working with all of SSIS’s main features.
✔ A complete SSIS course that covers all of this tool.
✔ Plenty of one to one attention and time to ask questions.
✔ Friendly expert trainers, small groups and a comfortable place to learn.
✔ All the materials and extras that you’ll ever need.
✔ Ongoing support and help with issues you have after the course.
What Will I Learn?
During this course you will learn all about:
- Using the SQL Server Data Tools (“SSDT”) development environment to create SSIS projects and packages.
- Working with Control Flow Tasks.
- Designing Data Flows using a variety of transformations and data sources/destinations (including SQL Server databases, flat files, and Excel).
- SSIS project and package management, deployment, debugging, error handling, and logging techniques.
Am I Ready For This Course?
This 4 day course is intended for IT professionals, business analysts, and developers who need to implement data transfer, or ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load), solutions using Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (“SSIS”).
The Training Day
Our courses run from 9.30am to roughly 4.15pm with refreshments throughout the day and a break for a tasty, freshly prepared lunch.
We offer a relaxed, supportive learning environment, fully air-conditioned training facilities and some of the nicest instructors on the planet.
Also, you’ll receive:
✔ A full-colour A4 manual covering everything in the course so that you can recap.
✔ A USB stick for the course exercises to let you practice more in your own time.
✔ A Certificate of Attendance.
- Using the Import/Export Data Wizard
- Using SSDT to Explore a Package
- Exploring the SSDT Development Environment
- Creating a New SSIS Project and Package in SSDT Connection Managers
- Introduction to Control Flow Tasks
- Precedence Constraints
- File System Task
- Script Task
- Execute SQL Task
- Execute Process Task
- Expression Task
- Send Mail Task
- FTP Task
- Execute Package Task
- Using the Data Flow Task
- Introduction to Data Flow Transforms and Components
- Exploring Data Sources
- Exploring Data Destinations
- Data Conversion Transform
- Derived Column Transform
- Implementing Data Viewers
- Aggregate Transform
- Sort Transform
- Lookup Transform
- Row Count Transform
- Union All Transform
- The Script Component
- Conditional Split Transform
- OLE DB Command Transform
- Fuzzy Lookup Transform
- Fuzzy Grouping Transform
- Implementing Variables and Expressions
- Implementing Parameters
- Sequence Container For
- Loop Container
- Foreach Loop Container
- Logging Package Execution
- Using Event Handlers
- Implementing Breakpoints
- Create and Configure the SSIS Catalog Project Deployment
- Configure Deployed Projects and Packages Securing SSIS Packages
- Running Packages
- Scheduling Package Execution
- Master Packages Restarting Packages
- Package Transactions & Checkpoints
- Data Warehousing Basics
- The Data Profiling Task
- Loading Dimension Tables
- Using the Slowly Changing Dimension Transform
- Loading Fact Tables
- Loading Data Incrementally
- Using SSIS CDC Components
- Introducing Data Quality Services (DQS)
- Introducing Master Data Services (MDS)