Master Excel Power BI on this 2-day training course.
This is a hands-on course which includes lots of time to experiment with what you are being taught and ask questions.
By the time you finish, you’ll be a confident Power BI user.
✔ A complete Power BI & Tools course that covers all of Excel’s BI functions..
✔ Plenty of one to one attention and time to ask questions.
✔ Friendly expert trainers, small groups and a comfortable place to learn.
✔ All the materials and extras that you’ll ever need.
✔ Ongoing support and help with issues you have after the course.
What Will I Learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to confidently:
- Create a PowerPivot model by importing data from various sources
- Understand and manage data relationships
- Create and edit hierarchies
- Insert calculated columns using Data Analysis Expression (DAX) formulas
- Insert, modify, and format PivotTables and PivotCharts
- Create and edit Measures (DAX aggregate functions)
- Create report dashboards using slicers, timelines and KPIs
- Use PowerView, PowerMaps and Power Query tools
Am I Ready For This Course?
It is recommended that you have completed either the Excel Intermediate or Excel Advanced level workshops, or have equivalent experience.
It is expected that you have a good understanding of Excel functions such as IF and VLookup functions, as well as Defined Names, Importing Data and a basic understanding of PivotTables.
The Training Day
Our courses run from 9.30am to roughly 4.15pm with refreshments and biscuits throughout the day and a break for a tasty, freshly prepared lunch.
We offer a relaxed, supportive learning environment, fully air-conditioned training facilities and some of the nicest instructors on the planet.
Also, you’ll receive:
✔ A full-colour A4 manual covering everything in the course to keep.
✔ A USB stick so that you can take your course exercises home with you.
✔ A Certificate of Attendance.
- What is BI?
- Main Concepts
- Power Query
- Power Pivot
- Power BI Desktop
- Power Query
- Working with CSV files
- Working with Text Files
- Working with Excel Files (mini metadata)
- Working with other data sources
- Meta Data Query
- File Content Query
- Filtering out unwanted Data
- Using Auto-Filter (problems)
- Using Number, Text and Date Filters
- Removing Duplicate Values
- Filtering out Rows with Errors
- Moving / deleting Columns
- Splitting Columns
- Merging Columns
- Unpivoting Columns to Rows
- Transposing a Table
- Creating Custom Column
- Loading Data
- Loading Data into a Worksheet
- Loading Data into the Excel Data Model
- Refreshing Queries Manually and Automatically
- Query Concepts
- Get & Transform
- Creating and editing Simple
- Get from Folder
- Query vs Source Data
- Writing ‘Robust’ Queries
- What is Power Pivot
- Pivot Table Examples with Excel
- Power Pivot Examples with a Data
- Working with Excel files
- What is in an Excel file?
- Working with Excel Tables
- Working with Data Ranges
- Understanding Acceptable Data Types
- Adding Excel Tables to Power Pivot
- Adding and Maintaining Data in Power Pivot
- What is a Data Model
- Understanding Key Fields
- Relationships in a Data Model
- Data Hierarchy
- Types of Calculations in Power Pivot
- Creating a Calculated Column
- Creating a Calculated Field (Measure)
- Understanding DAX Measures
- Rules and Best Practices
- Choosing Between Calculated Columns and Measures
- Why a Date (Calendar) Table is required
- Generate a Date Table
- Mark as a Date Table
- Grouping dates for time analysis
- Time Intelligence functions
- Getting Data
- Data Model
- Time Intelligence
- Spatial Intelligence
- Sharing Reports