Master Power BI reporting on this 2-day advanced training course.
This is a hands-on course that includes lots of time creating and editing reports and data visualisations so that you really get to grips with what you are being taught.
By the time you finish, you’ll be an expert Power BI user.
✔ A complete advanced Power BI course that covers all of Excel’s BI functions.
✔ Plenty of one to one attention and time to ask questions.
✔ Friendly expert trainers, small groups and a comfortable place to learn.
✔ All the materials and extras that you’ll ever need.
✔ Ongoing support and help with issues you have after the course.
What Will I Learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to confidently:
- Create and customise a report in Power BI.
- Drilldown into the data in a model.
- Build drill-through reports and relative date reports.
- Create stunning data visualisations including maps, bullet and scatter charts.
- Refresh your data manually and also at pre-set intervals.
- Set security and data permissions.
Am I Ready For This Course?
It is recommended that you have completed our introduction and intermediate Power BI course, or have equivalent experience, before attending this course.
The course assumes that you already have a good understanding of the basics of Power BI including using DAX and measures and creating dashboards.
The Training Day
Our training courses run from 9.30am to approximiately 4.30pm with a break for a tasty, freshly prepared lunch and plenty of refreshments and biscuits throughout the day.
We offer comfortable, fully air-conditioned training facilities and some of the nicest instructors on the planet.
Also, you’ll receive:
✔ A full-colour A4 manual covering everything in the course to keep.
✔ A USB stick so that you can take your course exercises home with you.
✔ A Certificate of Attendance.
- What is Power BI?
- The main concepts the course will cover
- Power Query
- Power Pivot
- Power BI Desktop
- Power Query
- Introduction to DAX
- Implicit Vs Explicit Measures
- Creating Measures & Calculated Columns
- Commonly Used DAX Functions
- SUM, AVERAGE, COUNT, DISTINCTCOUNT
- Time Intelligence (MTD, QTD, YTD, Prior Year)
- Understanding ‘CALCULATE’ and the ﬁlter context
- Using Quick Measures
- Build a Monthly Trend Report
- Types of Slicers and Filters
- Using Field, Format, Analytics Pane
- Building Tabular Reports
- Replicating Excel Pivot Tables
- Types of Conditional Formatting
- Optimizing the Matrix Layouts
- Adding Drill-Downs
- Creating Drill-Through Reports
- Filtering Reports by Relative Dates
- Viewing the Underlying Data Driving a Visualization
- Customizing Report Visual Interactivity
- Exporting Data from Power BI
- Build a Qty Shipped Vs Qty Sold Report
- Building Reports using Q&A
- Optimizing Report Slicers
- Choosing Visuals Based on Context
- Using Custom Visuals
- Optimizing the use of Maps
- Getting Value from Scatter, Ribbon & Bullet Charts
- Adding & Optimizing Tool Tips
- Visual Alignment Tips
- Custom Page Sizing
- Using Logos & Custom Icons
- Formatting Tips & Tricks
- Understanding Row Level Security
- Creating and Testing Security Roles
- Publishing Models to the Cloud Service
- Basic Sharing of Dashboards & Reports
- Creating App Workspaces
- Adding Users & Editing Workspaces
- Connecting to Apps / MS Teams
- Overview of the Data Gateway
- Scheduling Data Refreshes
- Refreshing On-Demand