Master Power BI on our 2-day power bi training course for beginners.
This is a hands-on course that includes lots of time to experiment with what you are being taught and ask questions.
By the time you finish, you’ll be a confident Power BI user.
✔ A complete Power BI & Tools course that covers all of Excel’s BI functions.
✔ Plenty of one to one attention and time to ask questions.
✔ Friendly expert trainers, small groups and a comfortable place to learn.
✔ Ongoing support and help with issues you have after the course.
What Will I Learn?
By the end of this course you will be confidently using Power BI to analyse data.
You’ll be very comfortable using Power Bi to:
- Create a PowerPivot model by importing data from various sources
- Understand and manage data relationships
- Create and edit hierarchies
- Insert calculated columns using Data Analysis Expression (DAX) formulas
- Insert, modify, and format PivotTables and PivotCharts
- Create and edit Measures (DAX aggregate functions)
- Create report dashboards using slicers, timelines and KPIs
- Use PowerView, PowerMaps and Power Query tools
Am I Ready For This Course?
You don’t need any prior experience with Power BI to attend this course.
It is recommended that you have completed either the Excel Intermediate or Excel Advanced level workshops, or have equivalent experience.
It is expected that you have a good understanding of Excel functions such as IF and VLookup functions, as well as Defined Names, Importing Data and a basic understanding of PivotTables.
If you would like to become an advanced Power BI user we recommend you look at our combined Power BI course which offers a discount for taking this course and our advanced power BI course.
The Training Day
You don’t need to bring anything with you. We include everything that you’ll need for a really fun, productive day of training.
Our courses run from 9.30am to roughly 4.15pm with refreshments and biscuits throughout the day and a break for a tasty, freshly prepared lunch.
We offer a relaxed, supportive learning environment, fully air-conditioned training facilities and some of the nicest instructors on the planet.
Also, you’ll receive:
✔ A full-colour A4 manual covering everything in the course to keep.
✔ A USB stick so that you can take your course exercises home with you.
✔ A Certificate of Attendance.
- What is BI?
- Main Concepts
- Power Query
- Power Pivot
- Power BI Desktop
- Power Query
- Working with CSV files
- Working with Text Files
- Working with Excel Files (mini metadata)
- Working with other data sources
- Meta Data Query
- File Content Query
- Filtering out unwanted Data
- Using Auto-Filter (problems)
- Using Number, Text and Date Filters
- Removing Duplicate Values
- Filtering out Rows with Errors
- Moving / deleting Columns
- Splitting Columns
- Merging Columns
- Unpivoting Columns to Rows
- Transposing a Table
- Creating Custom Column
- Loading Data
- Loading Data into a Worksheet
- Loading Data into the Excel Data Model
- Refreshing Queries Manually and Automatically
- Query Concepts
- Get & Transform
- Creating and editing Simple
- Get from Folder
- Query vs Source Data
- Writing ‘Robust’ Queries
- What is Power Pivot
- Pivot Table Examples with Excel
- Power Pivot Examples with a Data
- Working with Excel files
- What is in an Excel file?
- Working with Excel Tables
- Working with Data Ranges
- Understanding Acceptable Data Types
- Adding Excel Tables to Power Pivot
- Adding and Maintaining Data in Power Pivot
- What is a Data Model
- Understanding Key Fields
- Relationships in a Data Model
- Data Hierarchy
- Types of Calculations in Power Pivot
- Creating a Calculated Column
- Creating a Calculated Field (Measure)
- Understanding DAX Measures
- Rules and Best Practices
- Choosing Between Calculated Columns and Measures
- Why a Date (Calendar) Table is required
- Generate a Date Table
- Mark as a Date Table
- Grouping dates for time analysis
- Time Intelligence functions
- Getting Data
- Data Model
- Time Intelligence
- Spatial Intelligence
- Sharing Reports