Master HTML and CSS on this 2 day introduction to HTML and CSS training course.
This is a hands-on course. There is plenty of time to experiment with what you are being taught and to try things out for yourself.
By the time you finish, you’ll be comfortable creating web pages with HTML and CSS.
✔ A complete beginners’ course that covers all of the basics.
✔ Plenty of one to one attention and time to ask questions.
✔ Friendly expert trainers, small groups and a comfortable place to learn.
What Will I Learn?
This course is the fastest way to get started with HTML & CSS. We’ll have you creating your own web pages in no time.
By the end of this course, you will have covered all of the basics of working in HTML and CSS.
- Structuring a website.
- Working with website files and the client / server relationship.
- Basic tags like titles and headings.
- Working with Structure and Elements
- Working with Special Characters
- Working with URLs
- Working with Colour
- Finalising your Site
Am I Ready for this Course?
This is a complete beginners’ course. You do not need prior knowledge of HTML or CSS to attend.
Some understanding of the web is useful but don’t worry as it’s not required.
On The Day
We include everything that you’ll need for 2 really fun, busy days of training.
Our courses run from 9.30 am to roughly 4.30 pm with refreshments throughout the day and a break for lunch.
We offer a relaxed, supportive learning environment, fully air-conditioned facilities and some of the nicest instructors on the planet.
Also, you’ll receive:
✔ A full-colour manual covering everything in the course.
✔ A USB stick for the course exercises to let you practise more in your own time.
✔ A Certificate of Attendance.
- Introduction to HTML
- Structuring a website
- The client/server relationship
- Understanding directories and how a site is organised
- Cross platform file names
- Cross platform directory names
- The minimal HTML document
- Understanding HTML syntax
- Creating body text
- Creating titles
- Creating headings
- Using the Section, Nav, Article and Aside tags
- Adding metadata
- How search engines read websites
- Creating content tags
- Creating keyword tags
- Adding structure to the content
- Creating headings and sub headings
- Creating paragraphs
- Creating line breaks
- Working with images
- Adding image links
- The GIF, JPEG and PNG formats
- Compression issues
- Alternative text, titles and descriptions for images
- Using the figure tag
- Creating and working with lists
- Numbered (ordered) lists
- Unnumbered (unordered) lists
- Definition lists
- Linking to other documents
- Relative links vs absolute links
- Anchors within documents
- Questions and answers
- Tables in HTML5
- Tables vs CSS
- When to use tables and when not to use them
- Creating a table
- Creating rows
- Creating columns
- Creating a basic input form
- Adding form fields, radio buttons and check boxes
- Adding submit and reset buttons
- Using form methods
- Combining forms and actions
- Using HTML5 form tags
- Hexadecimal and RGB colour
- Overview of CSS
- Separating content from presentation
- The difference between CSS and markup
- What can CSS do?
- CSS structure (syntax)
- Inserting styles ‐ inline, embedded or external
- Styling text using inline CSS
- Styling basic text elements
- Specifying font size and colour
- Specifying font alignment
- Styling a table
- Styling row and column settings
- Creating borders
- Adding colours
- Styling Links
- Creating hover effects
- Keeping tracks of links
- Backward compatibility
- Ensuring your HTML5 code can run on any browser
- Publishing issues
- Uploading your site
- Proofing and testing your site
Online Training Requirements
To attend this HTML & CSS course online, you will need:
✔ HTML – Visual Studio Code (which is free from Microsoft and can be accessed here) on your Windows PC/laptop with a camera, speakers & microphone
✔ A stable internet connection capable of running Zoom
✔ To be a confident computer user and able to use Zoom to attend the course
If you have access to a second screen, we would encourage you to use it as it improves the experience.