Learn everything you need to know to start sending attractive, engaging emails on this 2-day HTML training course.
This is a hands-on course. It includes lots of time to experiment with what you are being taught, try things out for yourself and ask questions.
By the time you finish, you will be very comfortable creating HTML emails from scratch.
✔ A beginners’ course that covers all of the basics of HTML for emails.
✔ Plenty of one to one attention and time to ask questions.
✔ Friendly expert trainers, small groups and a comfortable place to learn.
What Will I Learn?
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to create stunning, impactful emails from scratch.
You’ll learn about:
- Best practices for writing email content.
- Optimum writing styles and length of articles.
- How best to track and measure the results of newsletters.
- Writing and testing subject lines and how to get people coming back for more.
- The ‘bigger picture’ with webmail, email and mobile clients: examples of responsive HTML emails and e-shots
- Building a user-friendly HTML email
- Distribution of HTML emails
- Planning how all 3 email client types will be viewed as a storyboard for all media breakpoints
- What size should they be?
- Do I need a range of sizes?
- Should my emails be fluid?
- Dreamweaver Overview
- Introducing Dreamweaver
- Learning the interface
- Dreamweaver workflow
- HTML Code
- Understanding HTML code
- Viewing examples of HTML code
- Specific HTML email requirements
- Basic HTML exercises
- CSS Code
- Understanding CSS code
- Viewing examples of CSS code
- Mobile specific CSS
- Media queries
- Basic CSS exercises
- Getting Started
- Understanding your readers
- The design process – effective responsive layout
- HTML email best practices
- Creating a new basic HTML page
- Adding and formatting text content
- Inserting graphics and images
- Page layout with tables
- Designing a page layout with tables
- Creating table structures
- Inline styling
- Formatting text, images and data in tables
- Understanding links
- Creating links
- Creating email links
- Responsive Emails and Use of Media Queries
- What does it do and how does it behave?
- Do I need media queries?
- How can I implement them to render correctly?
- Are there any generic fixes for older mail clients
- What happens if I need to make a specific width?
- How do I code a table for collapse?
- How to write CSS to control page layout
- Testing your HTML email on desktop and mobile screens
- Distribution and Delivery
- Creating a mailing list
- Managing subscribers
- Scheduling and when to send
The Training Day
We provide everything you’ll need for 2 really busy, productive days of HTML training.
Our courses run from 9.30 am to roughly 4.30 pm with refreshments throughout the day and a break for lunch.
We offer a relaxed, supportive learning environment, fully air-conditioned facilities and some of the nicest instructors on the planet.
Also, you’ll receive:
✔ A Certificate of Attendance.
✔ A full-colour A4 manual covering the course for future reference.
✔ A USB stick so that you can take the files you’ve been working on home.
Am I Ready For This Course?
This is a complete beginners course. You don’t need any prior knowledge of HTML to attend.
A basic understanding of the web is useful but as long as you are happy working on a computer, saving your files to a variety of locations and using multiple windows, you’ll be absolutely fine.
Online Training Requirements
To attend this HTML & CSS course online, you will need:
✔ VS Code on your Windows PC with a camera, speakers & microphone
✔ A stable internet connection capable of running Zoom
✔ To be a confident computer user and able to use Zoom
If you have access to a second screen, we would encourage you to use it as it improves the experience.