Creating columns for a newsletter in Word
Columns can easily be created in any document you are producing from the Page Layout Ribbon, here’s how:
- Select the text you wish to put into columns. If it’s the whole document a triple click in the margin area will select the entire document or Control and A.
- Select the desired number of columns or for more option click on more columns.
- If more than three columns are needed the spin box can be used or a number can be typed to specify the number of columns needed.
- The width and spacing measurements can also be altered in this dialog box and a line can be put between the columns.
- To break a column, select where to break and choose a column break from the breaks option on the right of the columns button. The text will continue in the next column.
This is how to create columns in a Word 2007 or 2010 document. If you want to learn more about Word then take a look at our Word Courses.
More Word articles:
How to Create and Use Building Blocks in Word
Using the Ruler in Word and showing paragraph marks