This 2 day advanced Microsoft Project training course will show you how to use Project’s most powerful project management functions.
It is a hands-on course. We make sure you get lots of time to try out what you are being taught and ask questions.
By the time you finish, you’ll be an expert Project user.
✔ A complete advanced course that covers all of Project’s advanced concepts and techniques.
✔ Plenty of one to one attention and time to ask questions.
✔ Friendly expert trainers, small groups and a comfortable place to learn.
What Will I Learn?
By the end of this course will be confidently using all of Project’s most powerful project management functionality.
You will know how to:
- Create and edit standard templates to speed up project creation.
- Link and combine projects.
- Create and modify custom fields to take complete control of tasks and resources.
- Create custom views and graphical reports.
- Use Work Breakdown Codes (WBS).
Our usual trainer for this course is Serena.
Serena began her career as a business analyst before moving into IT training.
She is a Microsoft certified and TPMA qualified trainer and has 20+ years’ experience of leading training courses, managing training projects and writing training materials.
- Understanding Working With Applications
- Copying a Gantt Chart Image
- Copying Table Data
- Copying to Microsoft Excel
- Linking to Microsoft Excel
- Exporting to Microsoft Excel
- Exporting to Excel Using a Map
- Displaying Progress Lines
- Working With Progress Lines
- Understanding Project Templates
- Examining the Templates
- Saving a Project as a Template
- Using a Custom Project Template
- Specifying the Personal Templates Folder
- Using the Personal Template Folder
- Modifying a Template
- Understanding the Global Template
- Organising the Global Template
- Applying a Newly Organised Item
- Removing Items From the Global Template
- Understanding Linked Projects
- Combining Projects
- Viewing a Combined Project
- Printing From a Combined Project
- Setting a Combined Project Start Date
- Changing Data in a Combined Project
- Saving and Closing a Combined Project
- Using Only the Combined Project File
- Using Only Subproject Files
- Inserting Subprojects
- Breaking Subproject Links
- Creating a Read-Only Subproject
- Inserting Task Links
- Creating a Summary Milestone
- Understanding Project Downsizing
- Creating the Resource File
- Creating Smaller Projects
- Linking Subprojects to Resources
- Preparing for the Master Project
- Creating the Downsized Master File
- Setting Project Links
- Finalising the Master
- Understanding Custom Fields
- Creating Custom Fields
- Inserting Custom Fields
- Creating A Formula In A Custom Field
- Modifying A Formula
- Testing A Formula
- Understanding Graphical Indicator Custom Fields
- Creating Graphical Indicator Custom Fields
- Creating A Lookup Custom Field
- Creating An Outline Code Mask
- Entering Lookup Table Values
- Using A Lookup Table
- Understanding WBS Codes
- Creating WBS Codes
- Altering Tasks With Custom WBS Codes
- Renumbering WBS Codes
- Editing Custom WBS Codes
- Adding Simple Custom Fields
- Formatting Table Fields
- Creating A Simple Lookup Table
- Using A Custom Table
- Using A Hyperlink Field
- Preparing For The Custom View
- Creating A Custom Filter For The View
- Creating A Custom Group For The View
- Creating A Custom Table For The View
- Creating The Custom View
- Removing A Custom View And Its Components
- Creating a Custom Filter
- Using a Custom Filter
- Understanding Graphical Reports
- How Graphical Reports Work
- Running A Report
- Formatting Chart Objects
- Manipulating Report Data
- Filtering Report Data
- Cloning An Existing Report
- Creating A New Report
- Enhancing Report Appearance
- Making Reports Global
- Removing Unwanted Reports
- Understanding Visual Reports
- Understanding Excel Visual Reports
- Creating A Visual Report From A Template
- Choosing Fields To Display In A Visual Report
- Changing The X Axis Categories
- Filtering A Visual Report
- Formatting A Visual Report
- Saving A Visual Report As A Template
- Using A Custom Visual Report Template
The Training Day
We include everything that you need for 2 really fun, productive days of training.
Our courses run from 9.30 am to roughly 4.30 pm with refreshments and biscuits throughout the day and a break for a tasty, freshly prepared lunch.
We offer a relaxed, supportive learning environment, fully air-conditioned training facilities and some of the nicest instructors on the planet.
Also, you’ll receive:
✔ A full-colour A4 manual covering everything in the course to keep.
✔ A USB stick so that you can take your course exercises home with you.
✔ A Certificate of Attendance.
Don’t Just Take Our Word For It
There’s no better way to learn the advanced features of Microsoft Project than attending our hands-on training classes.
Don’t just take our word for it! See what Matt (a Programme Manager) had to say after attending our Project Advanced course:
Am I Ready?
This is an advanced course for people who already have experience with Project.
It assumes that you have a good understanding of Microsoft Project either through attending our beginners Microsoft Project training course or through your day-to-day work.
It also assumes that you have a basic understanding of project management techniques.