Learn how to quickly and simply maximise the impact of your website designs with eye-catching images.
This one-day Photoshop training course is designed specifically for web designers. It will show you how to master the basics of working in Photoshop so that you can manage and manipulate images for maximum effect.
By the time you finish, you’ll be comfortable using Photoshop to carry out basic image manipulation and retouching.
✔ An introductory course that starts with the basics.
✔ Plenty of one-to-one attention and time to ask questions.
✔ Friendly, experienced trainers, small groups and a comfortable place to learn.
✔ All the materials and extras that you’ll ever need.
✔ Ongoing support and help with any issues you have after the course.
What Will I Learn?
This accelerated Adobe Photoshop training course does not assume any prior knowledge.
It includes working on multiple examples and exercises so that you can try out what you’re learning and ask questions if you don’t understand.
By the end of the course you will be able to :
- Create stunning images using basic editing and retouching techniques.
- Quickly and accurately select specific parts of your image to work with.
- Optimise your images for use on websites.
For beginners with more time, we would recommend our 2-day beginners Photoshop course.
Am I Ready For This Course?
This course is designed for complete beginners. You do not need any prior experience with Photoshop to attend.
Provided that you have a basic understanding of working with multiple windows and file storage on a computer, you’ll be absolutely fine.
Having completed this introductory course, many people come back to complete our more advanced Photoshop training courses.
The Training Day
Our courses run from 9.30 am to roughly 4.30 pm with refreshments throughout the day and a break for lunch.
We offer a fun, supportive learning environment, and comfortable, fully air-conditioned facilities. We also have some of the nicest instructors on the planet!
Also, you’ll receive:
✔ A full-colour A4 Photohsop manual covering everything in the course.
✔ A USB stick for the course exercises to let you practise more in your own time.
✔ A Certificate of Attendance to show that you have been professionally trained.
- Installing Adobe Photoshop
- Adjusting preferences
- Applying colour settings
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Getting to know the Work area
- The Photoshop interface
- Working with bitmapped or digitized images
- Importing images in Photoshop
- Resolution and Image Size
- Cropping and Straightening
- Adjusting colour and tone
- Using the spot healing brush tool
- Using content-aware fill
- Repairing areas with the Clone Stamp tool
- Applying content-aware patch
- Sharpening an image
- Geometric selections
- Freehand selections
- Edge-based selections
- Colour-based selections
- Moving a selected area
- Manipulating selections
- The magic wand tool
- Softening the edges of a selection
- Selecting using the Lasso tool
- Selecting using the Magnetic Lasso tool
- Using the layers panel
- About the background layer
- Renaming and copying a layer
- Viewing options for layers
- Rearranging layers
- Duplicating a layer
- Applying a gradient to layer
- Applying a layer style
- Flattening and saving files
- Using smart objects to create a logo
- Applying a gradient to your logo
- Exploring typographic design methods
- Adding point type
- Applying shadow
- Creating type on a path
- Warping point type
- Working with type styles
- Creating paragraph styles
- Creating character styles
- Adding vertical text
- Accessing/Using font files in Photoshop for web project
- Importing fonts into Photoshop
- Editing a smart filter
- Recording and playing an action
- Up-scaling a low-resolution image
- Matching colour schemes across images
- Stitching a panorama
- Using the Adaptive Wide Angle filter
- Adding a photo filter
- Saving files for web
- Creating web mock-ups with slices
- Exporting HTML and images
Online Training Requirements
To attend this PhotoShop course online, you will need:
✔ PhotoShop on your Windows PC with a camera, speakers & microphone
✔ A stable internet connection capable of running Zoom
✔ To be a confident computer user and able to use Zoom
If you have access to a second screen, we would encourage you to use it as it improves the experience.