Develop your understanding of Crystal Reports’ more advanced features on this advanced 2-day course.
This is a hands-on course. It includes plenty of workshops during which you can experiment with what you are being taught, try things out for yourself and ask questions.
By the time you finish, you’ll be comfortable using a wide range of Crystal’s most powerful features.
✔ An advanced user course focused on Crystal’s more complex functions.
✔ Plenty of one to one attention and time to ask questions.
✔ Friendly expert trainers, small groups and a comfortable place to learn.
✔ All the materials and extras that you’ll ever need.
✔ Ongoing support and help with issues you have after the course.
What Will I Learn?
On this course you’ll learn about:
- Section Expert
- Parameter Fields
- Advanced Formulas
- Charts and Maps
- Working with Sub-Reports
- Alerts and Sub-Reports
- Working with Maps
- Report Processing
- SQL Queries
Am I Ready for this Course?
As this is an advanced course it assumes that you understand the basics of working in Crystal Reports.
To attend this course you should have:
- Attended our Crystal Reports Introduction training course, or
- Have a working knowledge of Crystal Reports to an equivalent level.
You will also preferably have some hands-on experience using Crystal Reports in a working environment.
Your Crystal Reports Training Day
We include everything that you’ll need for a really productive, fun day’s training.
Our Two Day CrystalReports courses from 9.30 am to approximately 4:15 pm each day.
We provide a relaxed but focused learning environment and some of the friendliest Crystal Reports trainers you’ll find anywhere.
When you book a course with us we include everything that you need for a great day’s training.
Also, you’ll receive:
✔ A full-colour A4 manual covering everything in the course.
✔ A USB stick for the course exercises to let you practise more in your own time.
✔ A Certificate of Attendance.
- Adding and deleting report sections
- Hiding sections
- Closing drill down tab
- Showing sections
- Suppressing sections
- Don’t suppress section
- Suppressing sections conditionally
- Parameter fields options: Wildcard, Edit masks
- Static, dynamic and cascading parameter fields
- Formula workshop
- Variables, types and scope
- Multi-pass reporting
- Evaluation Time functions
- For & While Loops
- Range variables
- Built-in running total options: summary, evaluate and reset
- Creating built-in
- Modifying built-in
- Types, layout and expert
- Creating and modifying
- Changing chart options
- Formatting Individual chart elements
- Group chart custom changes
- Working with chart templates
- Deleting charts
- Inserting an unrelated sub-report
- Inserting a linked sub-report
- Format options
- Using shared variables
- Working with on-demand sub-reports
- Creating custom on-demand captions
- Enabling and disabling
- Types and layouts
- Creating and working with maps
- Modifying and deleting maps
- Report Performance Information
- Server-side processing
- Verify database
- Mapping fields
- Working with the workbench
- SQL Queries; server side processing, clauses, statements, rules
- Creating a report using a SQL query
- Editing a SQL command
- Working with the Group By clause
- Creating, editing and deleting a SQL expression field
Online Training Requirements
To attend this Crystal Reports course online, you will need:
✔ CR on your Windows PC/laptop with a camera, speakers & microphone
✔ A stable internet connection capable of running Zoom
✔ To be a confident computer user and able to use Zoom
If you have access to a second screen, we would encourage you to use it as it improves the experience.