Develop your understanding of Crystal Reports’ more advanced features on this advanced 2-day course.
This is a hands-on course. It includes plenty of workshops during which you can experiment with what you are being taught, try things out for yourself and ask questions.
By the time you finish, you’ll be comfortable using a wide range of Crystal’s most powerful features.
✔ An advanced user course focused on Crystal’s more complex functions.
✔ Plenty of one to one attention and time to ask questions.
✔ Friendly expert trainers, small groups and a comfortable place to learn.
✔ All the materials and extras that you’ll ever need.
✔ Ongoing support and help with issues you have after the course.
What Will I Learn?
On this course you’ll learn about:
- Section Expert
- Parameter Fields
- Advanced Formulas
- Advanced Formulas
- Charts and Maps
- Working with Sub-Reports
- Alerts and Subreports
- Working with Maps
- Report Processing
- SQL Queries
Am I Ready for this Course?
As this is an advanced course it assumes that you understand the basics of working in Crystal Reports.
To attend this course you should have:
- Attended our Crystal Reports Introduction training course, or
- Have a working knowledge of Crystal Reports to an equivalent level.
You will also preferably have some hands-on experience using Crystal Reports in a working environment.
Your Crystal Reports Training Day
Our courses run from 9.30am to roughly 4.15pm with refreshments throughout the day and a break for a tasty, freshly prepared lunch.
We offer a relaxed, supportive learning environment, fully air-conditioned facilities and some of the nicest instructors on the planet.
Also, you’ll receive:
✔ A full-colour A4 manual covering everything in the course so that you can recap.
✔ A USB stick for the course exercises to let you practice more in your own time.
✔ A Certificate of Attendance.
- Adding and deleting report sections
- Hiding sections
- Closing drill down tab
- Showing sections
- Suppressing sections
- Dont suppress section
- Suppressing sections conditionally
- Parameter fields options Wildcard, Edit masks
- Static, dynamic and cascading parameter fields
- Formula workshop
- Variables, types and scope
- Multi-pass reporting
- Evaluation Time functions
- For & While Loops
- Range variables
- Built-in running total options; summary, evaluate and reset
- Creating built-in
- Modifying built-in
- Types, layout and expert
- Creating and modifying
- Changing chart options
- Formatting Individual chart elements
- Group chart custom changes
- Working with chart templates
- Deleting charts
- Inserting an unrelated sub-report
- Inserting a linked sub-report
- Format options
- Using shared variables
- Working with on-demand sub-reports
- Creating custom on-demand captions
- Working with
- Enabling and disabling
- Types and layouts
- Creating and working with maps
- Modifying and deleting maps
- Report Performance Information
- Server-side processing
- Verify database
- Mapping fields
- Working with the workbench
- SQl Queries; server side processing, clauses, statements, rules
- Creating a report using a SQL query
- Editing a SQL command
- Working with the Group By clause
- Creating, editing and deleting a SQL expression field