Master Power Automate’s most powerful features on this 2 day advanced Power Automate course.
This course is hands-on. It includes plenty of time to experiment with what you are being taught and ask questions.
By the time you finish, you’ll be a Power Automate expert.
✔ A complete course that covers Power Automate’s most powerful functions.
✔ Friendly expert trainers, small groups and a comfortable place to learn.
✔ Ongoing support and help with any issues you might have after the course.
What Will I Learn?
By the end of this course, you will be very comfortable using Power Automate’s most powerful features.
- Working with variables, loops, functions and expressions
- Using Adaptive Cards to enhance the user experience
- Enhancing the built-in approval process
- Using the SharePoint REST API for advanced SharePoint tasks
- Integrating Power Automate flows with Power Apps
- Using Parent–Child flows
- Using the Microsoft Graph API with Power Automate
- Error handling
- What you should already know
- Working with dynamic content and expressions
- Referencing trigger information
- Referencing action information
- Lab 01 – Preparation task
- Lab 02 – Conditions and loops
- Reasons to use expressions
- Anatomy of a function
- Basic and advanced expressions
- Where can expressions be used?
- Expression editor
- Expressions or actions
- Lab 03 – Function
- Why use Adaptive Cards
- Adaptive Cards designer
- Using an Adaptive Card
- Lab 04 – Adaptive Cards
- Common advanced settings
- Advanced trigger settings
- Advanced action settings
- Lab 05 – Advanced properties
- Approval options
- Custom responses
- Approval limitations
- Adding reminders to approvals
- State pattern
- Lab 06 – Advanced approvals
- The flow
- Calling the flow from Power Apps
- Capturing returned data
- Lab 08 – Working with Power Apps
- Optimising flows
- Keeping flow configurations generic
- Handling errors
- Lab 09 – Handling errors
- Parent / Child flows: general principle
- HTTP Method
- Using a Solution
- Lab 10a – Child flows: HTTP action
- Lab 10b – Child flows: solutions
- Steps to use the Microsoft Graph API
- Lab 11 – Using the Microsoft Graph API
Am I Ready For This Course?
This is an advanced course that assumes prior experience with Power Automate.
Before you attend this course, you should have:
Some knowledge of JSON is useful but not essential.
Online Training Requirements
To attend this Power Automate course online, you will need:
✔ MS PA Windows PC/laptop with a camera, speakers & microphone
✔ A stable internet connection capable of running Zoom
✔ To be a confident computer user and able to use Zoom
If you have access to a second screen, we would encourage you to use it as it improves the experience.
The Training Day
We include everything that you need for 2 really fun, productive days of training.
Our courses run from 9.30am to roughly 4.30pm with refreshments and biscuits throughout the day and a break for lunch.
We offer a relaxed, supportive learning environment, fully air-conditioned facilities and some of the nicest instructors on the planet.
Also, you’ll receive:
✔ A full-colour A4 manual covering everything in the course to keep.
✔ A USB stick to take the training course exercises home on.
✔ A Certificate of Attendance.