Master Power Automate’s most powerful features on this 2 day advanced Power Automate course.
This course is hands-on. It includes plenty of time to experiment with what you are being taught and ask questions.
By the time you finish, you’ll be a Power Automate expert.
✔ A complete course that covers all of Power Automate’s most powerful functions.
✔ Friendly expert trainers, small groups and a comfortable place to learn.
✔ Ongoing support and help with any issues you might have after the course.
What Will I Learn?
By the end of this course, you will be very comfortable using Power Automate’s most powerful features.
- Working with variables, loops, functions and expressions
- Using Adaptive Cards to enhance the user experience
- Enhancing the built-in approval process
- Using the SharePoint REST API for advanced SharePoint tasks
- Integrating Power Automate flows with Power Apps
- Using Parent–Child flows
- Using the Microsoft Graph API with Power Automate
- Error handling
- What you should already know
- Working with dynamic content and expressions
- Referencing trigger information
- Referencing action information
- Lab 01 – Preparation task
- Lab 02 – Conditions and loops
- Reasons to use expressions
- Anatomy of a function
- Basic and advanced expressions
- Where can expressions be used?
- Expression editor
- Expressions or actions
- Lab 03 – Function
- Why use Adaptive Cards
- Adaptive Cards designer
- Using an Adaptive Card
- Lab 04 – Adaptive Cards
- Common advanced settings
- Advanced trigger settings
- Advanced action settings
- Lab 05 – Advanced properties
- Approval options
- Custom responses
- Approval limitations
- Adding reminders to approvals
- State pattern
- Lab 06 – Advanced approvals
- The flow
- Calling the flow from Power Apps
- Capturing returned data
- Lab 08 – Working with Power Apps
- Optimising flows
- Keeping flow configurations generic
- Handling errors
- Lab 09 – Handling errors
- Parent / Child flows: general principle
- HTTP Method
- Using a Solution
- Lab 10a – Child flows: HTTP action
- Lab 10b – Child flows: solutions
- Steps to use the Microsoft Graph API
- Lab 11 – Using the Microsoft Graph API
Am I Ready For This Course?
This is an advanced course that assumes prior experience with Power Automate.
Before you attend this course you should have:
- A general knowledge of using Office 365
- Experience of basic SharePoint administration
- Attended our Beginners Power Automate course, or have equivalent knowledge
Some knowledge of JSON would also be useful, but is not essential
The Training Day
You don’t need to bring anything with you. We provide everything you need for two really productive, fun days of training.
Our courses run from 9.30 am to roughly 4.30 pm with refreshments and biscuits throughout the day and a break for lunch.
We offer a relaxed, supportive learning environment, fully air-conditioned training facilities and some of the nicest instructors on the planet.
Also, you’ll receive:
✔ A full-colour A4 manual to keep that covers everything in the course.
✔ A USB stick so that you can take the course exercises home with you.
✔ A Certificate of Attendance.