Master the basics of SketchUp the easy way with our Essentials course.
Learn all of the key skills and techniques that you need to start using SketchUp day-to-day.
This is a hands-on course. It allows plenty of time to experiment with the techniques that you are being taught.
By the time you finish, you’ll be comfortable using a wide range of SketchUp’s core features.
✔ A complete beginners’ course that covers all of the basics.
✔ Plenty of one-to-one attention and time to ask questions.
✔ Friendly expert trainers, small groups and a comfortable place to learn.
✔ All the materials and extras that you’ll ever need.
✔ Ongoing support and help with issues you have after the course.
What Will I Learn?
With plenty of practice to consolidate what you learn, you’ll be up to speed in no time.
During this course you’ll learn how to:
- Quickly create complex shapes using commands like extrude.
- Effectively organise your model using groups, components, layers and colours.
- Create realistic lighting effects using shadow and sunlight settings.
- Simply create 2D working drawings using the layout module.
Am I Ready For This Course?
This is a course for complete beginners. You do not need to have used SketchUp before attending.
The course assumes that you are comfortable working on a computer with multiple windows and saving your files. Provided you’re happy doing this, you’re ready to go.
The Training Day
Our courses run from 9.30am to roughly 4.15pm with plenty of room for breathers and a break for lunch.
We provide a relaxed but focused learning environment and some of the friendliest SketchUp trainers you’ll find anywhere.
Also, you’ll receive:
✔ A full-colour A4 manual covering everything in the course.
✔ A USB stick for the course exercises to let you practise more in your own time.
✔ A Certificate of Attendance.
- Introduction…What can it do?
- User interface and the screen
- View manipulation
- Sketching and Construction
- Faces and Solids
- Styles, Painting and Views
- Using Push/Pull
- Sweep and Extrude with Follow Me
- Move, Rotate and Scale
- Using Copy
- Circular and Rectangular Patterns
- Using Layers and Colours
- Accessing the Warehouse
- Placing from the Warehouse
- Storing model from the Warehouse
- Review the Extension Warehouse
- Parallel and Perspective view creation
- Storing and replaying views
- Section views
- Sunlight setting
- Using Layout module
- Creating 2D working drawings
This section of the course is designed to pull together all aspects of the 2 days and consolidate the learning experience with a real work design exercise.
Online Training Requirements
To attend this SketchUp course online, you will need:
✔ SketchUp 3D on your Windows PCwith a camera, speakers & microphone
✔ A stable internet connection capable of running Zoom
✔ To be a confident computer user and able to use Zoom
If you have access to a second screen, we would encourage you to use it as it improves the experience.
Booking & Payment Details
When we receive your booking, we will double-check everything and then send you a confirmation email.
Please read this email carefully, it contains:
- Full details of your course
- Your login details (for online courses only)
- An invoice for your booking
For payment, we accept bank transfers and credit cards (sorry not Amex!).
If you have a purchase order (PO) when you book please put this in the Comments section and we will add this to your invoice.
If you need a purchase order (PO) added to your invoice after booking, please send it to us when you have it and we will reissue the invoice for you.