This Adobe After Effects training course will show you how to make best use of this powerful graphics and visual effects package.
Our friendly, expert trainers will soon have you compositing in 2D and 3D and bringing your ideas to life quickly and simply.
When you finish this course you’ll be comfortable using a wide range of After Effect’s features:
✔ This is a complete beginners’ After Effects course that covers the basics.
✔ Plenty of one-to-one attention and time to ask questions.
✔ Friendly expert trainers, small groups and a comfortable place to learn.
What Will I Learn?
This course is the fastest way to get started with After Effects. You’ll be creating your own effects in no time.
It is instructor-led with an emphasis on hands-on, practical exercises.
You’ll learn about:
- Incorporating video with Photoshop and Illustrator graphics.
- Video layering techniques.
- Working with key frames.
- Using filters for special effects.
- Different rendering techniques.
- Rendering your final project.
- Ways to optimise the finished production.
Am I Ready For This Course?
This is a beginners’ course and so does not assume any prior knowledge of After Effects.
It only assumes that you have a basic understanding of Windows, including an ability to work with multiple windows, navigate the desktop and that you have an understanding of computer file storage (i.e. drives, files and folders).
The Training Day
You don’t need to bring anything with you to attend this course. We provide everything you’ll need for 2 busy, fun-filled days of training.
Our courses run from 9.30 am to roughly 4.30 pm with refreshments throughout the day and a break for lunch.
We offer a relaxed, supportive learning environment and comfortable, fully air-conditioned facilities. We also have some of the nicest instructors on the planet!
Also, you’ll receive:
✔ A full-colour A4 After Effects manual covering everything in the course.
✔ A USB stick for the course exercises to let you practise in your own time.
✔ A Certificate of Attendance to show you’ve been professionally trained.
- Overview of using Adobe After Effects
- Setting up a new project
- Setting Video preferences
- Using the scrubbable hot text controls
- Importing files from different sources
- Photoshop, Premiere and Illustrator
- Setting Still Images durations
- Setting Frame Rate and Pixel Aspect Ratios
- Managing footage and creating folders
- Creating compositions
- Adding compositions to the Timeline
- Creating solid and adjustment layers
- Working with layers
- Switching video and audio on and off
- The Time Graph
- Trimming and overlapping layers
- Working with In and Out points
- Using markers
- Working with the Transform properties
- Using the Audio Waveform properties
- Using the Audio Waveform effect
- Using the Stereo Mixer
- RAM previews and regions of interest
- Working with masks, including drawing, scaling and editing
- Setting an effect point
- Feathering mask edges
- Adding effects including Time and Echo
- Saving an effect as a Favourite
- Blending, distorting and perspective effects
- Advanced effects, such as gradient wipe
- Layer modes and frame blending
- The motion blur
- Using the Speed and Velocity graph and temporal interpolation
- Bezier curve interpolation
- Using 3D in After Effects
- Orientation and rotation of a 3D object
- Moving Lights through 3D
- Moving a camera view through 3D
- Depth of field
- Nesting layers and Parenting layers
- Exporting to Quicktime and SWF
- Understanding codecs for exporting
Online Training Requirements
To attend this After Effects course online, you will need:
✔ After Effects on your Windows PC with a camera, speakers & microphone
✔ A stable internet connection capable of running Zoom
✔ To be a confident computer user and able to use Zoom
If you have access to a second screen, we would encourage you to use it as it improves the experience.