This course will get you confidently using Microsoft Outlook as quickly as possible.
It is a hands-on course and includes plenty of time for experimenting with what you are being taught and asking questions.
By the time you finish, you’ll have a thorough grounding in Outlook.
✔ A complete beginners’ Outlook course that covers all of the basics.
✔ Plenty of one to one attention and time to ask questions.
✔ Friendly expert trainers, small groups and a comfortable place to learn.
✔ All the materials and extras that you’ll ever need.
✔ Ongoing support and help with issues you have after the course.
What Will I Learn?
This course is suitable for anyone who wants to learn the basics of working in Outlook.
By the end you will be able to:
- Receive, send and manage emails and attachments.
- Create email signatures and request receipts for messages.
- Set up your Out-Of-Office email response.
- Manage your junk mail settings to minimise junk mail and set up blocked sender lists.
- Set up and work with multiple calendars.
- Use Outlook to manage tasks, To-Do lists and follow up reminders.
Am I Ready For This Course?
This course does not assume any prior knowledge of Outlook.
So long as you are comfortable using a computer in a work environment, you’ll be absolutely fine.
The Training Day
We provide everything you’ll need for a productive half day Outlook training session
We include a certificate of attendance and course materials
We generally deliver this course remotely using Zoom. You will need a reliable computer and internet connection to participate.
- An Introduction to using Outlook 2016
within Office 365
- Where to Find Information on Latest Updates
- Menus and Keyboard Shortcuts
- Using the Toolbars
- Using Shortcut Menus
- The To Do Bar
- Searching and Filtering Messages
- Assigning Categories to Messages
- Finding Messages by Categories
- Creating Quick Actions
- Cleaning Up Conversations
- Creating a Message Folder
- Moving Messages
- Deleting Message Folders
- Working With Message Views
- Creating a Custom Message View
- Flagging Messages
- Flagging Messages with Reminders
- Removing Message Flags
- Sorting Messages
- Organising Messages Using Simple
- Accessing Outlook Tasks
- Creating Simple Tasks
- Typing Tasks Directly
- Changing Task Views
- Categorising Tasks
- Sorting Tasks
- Completing Tasks
- Deleting Tasks
- Composing an Email Message
- Checking Spelling & using Writing Suggestions
- Adding an Attachment
- Adding Importance
- Requesting Message Receipts
- Sending the Message
- Creating an AutoSignature
- Understanding the Inbox
- Using the Focused Inbox
- Opening an Email
- Opening an Outlook Data File
- Changing the Message View including Reading Pane
- Viewing Conversations
- Opening Several Messages
- Switching between Open Messages
- Closing a Mail Message
- Marking Messages as Read
- Viewing Unread Messages
- Deleting Messages
- Recovering Deleted Messages
- Managing Message Attachments
- Replying to a Message
- Using Suggested Replies
- Forwarding Messages
- Emptying Deleted Items
- Accessing the Calendar
- Changing Calender Views
- Moving to Specific Dates Adding Time Zones
- Creaing An Appointment
- Colour Coding Appointments
Online Training Requirements
To attend this Outlook course online, you will need:
✔ MS Outlook on your Windows PC with a camera, speakers & microphone
✔ A stable internet connection capable of running Zoom
✔ To be a confident computer user and able to use Zoom
If you have access to a second screen, we would encourage you to use it as it improves the experience.