Learn how to make full use of Outlook’s advanced tools on this 1-day advanced training course.
This is a hands-on course. It includes lots of time for experimenting with what you are being taught, trying things out for yourself and asking questions.
By the time you finish, you’ll be an Outlook expert.
✔ An advanced Outlook course focused on Outlook’s most powerful features.
✔ Plenty of one to one attention and time to ask questions.
✔ Friendly expert trainers, small groups and a comfortable place to learn.
✔ All the materials and extras that you’ll ever need.
✔ Ongoing support and help with issues you have after the course.
What Will I Learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Organise and personalise your inbox using custom views.
- Create Rules to automate email tasks.
- Schedule meetings using meeting requests, the scheduling assistant and calendar groups.
- Create, send and manage tasks.
Am I Ready For This Course?
This course assumes that you have attended our Outlook introduction course or have prior experience of those topics from your day-to-day work.
The Training Day
Our courses run from 9.30am to roughly 4.15pm with refreshments and biscuits throughout the day and a break for lunch.
We offer a relaxed, supportive learning environment, fully air-conditioned training facilities and some of the nicest instructors on the planet.
Also, you’ll receive:
✔ A full-colour A4 manual covering everything in the course for you to keep.
✔ A USB stick so that you can take the course exercises with you.
✔ A Certificate of Attendance.
- Creating a Message Folder
- Moving Messages
- Copying Messages
- Deleting Messages
- Recovering Deleted Messages
- Cleaning Up Conversations
- Working With Favourites
- Deleting Message Folders
- Recovering Deleted Folders
- Emptying Deleted Items
- Automating Common Tasks With Quick Steps
- Customising a Default Quick Step
- Creating a Quick Step
- Using Quick Steps
- Archiving Messages
- Recovering Archived Messages
- Using Instant Search
- Expanding the Search
- Search Query Syntax
- Search Query Syntax Dates and Size
- Using Recent Searches
- Search Options
- Searching Other Outlook Items
- Using a Search Folder
- Adding a Predefined Search Folder
- Customising Predefined Search Folders
- Creating a Custom Search Folder
- Changing the Current View
- Arranging Messages Within a View
- Sorting Messages Within a View
- Working With Columns in a View
- Formatting Columns in a View
- Creating a Custom View
- Adding a Filter to a Custom View
- Deleting a Custom View
- Creating a New Colour Category
- Assigning a Colour Category
- Finding Messages With Categories
- Removing Categories From Messages
- Deleting a Colour Category
- About Rules
- Creating a New Rule From a Template
- Selecting the Rule Conditions
- Selecting the Rule Actions
- Selecting the Rule Exceptions
- Naming and Reviewing the Rule
- Testing the Rule
- Managing an Existing Rule
- Effective Email Management
- Recalling a Sent Message
- Printing a Message
- Printing a Message List
- Message Formats
- Changing the Message Format
- Choosing Themes or Stationery
- Applying a Theme or Stationery to a Message
- Turning Themes or Stationery Off
- Applying a Theme
- Saving a Message Draft
- Using a Saved Message
- Sending a Voting Message
- Responding to a Voting Message
- Tracking Voting Responses
- Sending Automatic Responses
- Quickly Scheduling an Appointment
- Scheduling Using the Appointment Window
- Rescheduling an Appointment to Another Day
- Rescheduling an Appointment to Another Time
- Creating Recurring Appointments
- Changing Recurring Appointments
- Scheduling an Event
- Scheduling Free and Busy Times
- Categorising Activities
- Printing Your Calendar
- Deleting Activities
- Scheduling a Meeting
- Meeting Response Options
- Responding to Meeting Requests
- Tracking Meeting Responses
- Changing a Meeting
- Adding or Removing Attendees
- Preventing Responses
- Cancelling a Meeting
- The Scheduling Assistant
- Using the Scheduling Assistant
- Scheduling Meetings Using Calendar Groups
- How Task Requests Work
- Creating a Task Request
- Responding to a Task Request
- Completing an Assigned Task
- Viewing Updated Task Requests
Online Training Requirements
To attend this Outlook course online, you will need:
✔ MS Outlook on your Windows PC/laptop with a camera, speakers & microphone
✔ A stable internet connection capable of running Zoom
✔ To be a confident computer user and able to use Zoom to attend the course
If you have access to a second screen, we would encourage you to use it as it improves the experience.