This 1 day WordPress training course will give you a rapid introduction to this software to get you up and running as quickly as possible.
WordPress is the world’s most popular content management system (CMS) with 30% of all new websites being built using WordPress. This course will show you how to use WordPress plug-ins and themes in order to maximise your productivity and get your website looking good as quickly as possible. Download the course details
You do not need any previous experience of using WordPress to attend this course, however it assumes a basic understanding of Windows and the web.
Our courses run from 9.30 am to approximately 4.15pm. While you are with us we are focused on offering you a relaxed and productive learning environment. When you book a course with us you get the following:
- A full colour training manual/book.
- The exercises that you have worked on during your course to allow you to practice afterwards.
- USB stick to take the exercises away.
- Certificate of attendance
- Freshly prepared lunch.
- Refreshments throughout the day.
- Training in fully air conditioned facilities from an experienced instructor.
- WordPress explained
- Installing WordPress in a couple of clicks
- Creating content for your website
- The difference between ‘Posts’ and ‘Pages’
- Managing your content
- Managing WordPress Posts and Pages
- Creating and managing WordPress links
- WordPress ‘Categories’ and ‘Tags’ explained
- Managing WordPress Categories and Tags
- Adding ‘Media’ to your website
- Managing the WordPress Media Library
- Updating Your WordPress Profile (includes changing your password)
- WordPress ‘Comments’ explained
- Managing WordPress Comments
- WordPress Settings explained
- Discussion Settings
- Permanent Link Settings
- Reading Settings
- Writing Settings
- Installing and Activating WordPress Themes
- WordPress ‘Plugins’ explained
- Working with Plugins
- WordPress ‘Widgets’ explained
- Working with Widgets
- How to make your WordPress website search engine friendly
- WordPress ‘Users’ explained
- Managing Users