This course is suitable for the owner of a SharePoint site who needs to know how to create sites and lists, manage user access and customise lists and web part pages.
Led by highly experienced SharePoint trainers with many years of industry experience. Our courses are very hands-on and practical with class sizes kept at a maximum of 8. This ensures you’ll have plenty of time to ask questions.
Interested in on-site private training where we can come to you and work on your SharePoint site?
What Will I Learn?
You’ll learn about:
- Using and customising lists.
- Creating a forms library.
- Sites and workspaces.
- Users and groups.
Am I Ready For This Course?
A class for the owner of a SharePoint site who needs to know how to create sites and lists, manage user access and customize lists and web part pages.
This course assumes that you have gained a basic understanding of Windows and Office applications.
This includes an ability to work with multiple windows and navigate the desktop, as well as having an understanding of computer file storage (i.e. drives, files and folders).
Your Training Day
Our courses run from 9.30am to roughly 4.15pm with refreshments throughout the day and a break for lunch.
We offer a relaxed, supportive learning environment, fully air-conditioned facilities and some of the nicest instructors on the planet.
Also, you’ll receive:
✔ A full-colour manual covering everything in the course so that you can recap.
✔ A USB stick for the course exercises to let you practice more in your own time.
✔ A snazzy Certificate of Attendance to show that you trained with the best.
- List Settings
- List / Library Settings
- The SharePoint 2013 Ribbon
- The Library Ribbon
- The List Ribbon
- Naming Lists and Libraries
- General Settings
- Title, description and navigation
- Viewing Files
- Content Approval
- Search Visibility
- List and Library Versioning Options
- Checking Documents In and Out
- Customizing Columns
- Site Columns
- Content Types
- Creating Lists by Importing Excel Files
- Creating and Modifying Views
- Creating Standard List and Calendar Views
- Communications Options
- Really Simple Syndication (RSS)
- Incoming E-Mail Settings
- Creating Forms Libraries
- Creating a Forms Library
- Creating Web Pages
- Advantages of a Basic Wiki Page
- To create a Basic Web Page
- Creating Web Part Pages
- To create a Web Part Page
- Site Customization
- Look and Feel
- Title, Description and Icon
- Site Theme
- Tree View
- Top Link Bar and Quick Launch Navigation
- Top Link Bar (for a non-publishing site)
- Quick Launch (for a non-publishing site)
- Navigation (for a publishing site)
- Save Site as Template
- Reset Page or Site to the Original Site Definition
- Search Visibility for the Site
- Web Parts
- Web Part Properties â€“ Modify Shared Web Part
- Working with List and Library Web Parts
- Frequently Used Web Parts
- Users and Groups
- Adding Users
- Adding Site Collection Administrators
- Adding Users to a Site or Group
- To Review Permissions
- To send E-mail to site users:
- List and Library Permissions
- List Item and Document Permissions
- Creating Groups
- Creating Custom Permission Levels
- Managing User Alerts
- Site Web Analytics Reports