Master Revit the easy way with this beginners’ course. Learn everything you need to start using Revit as part of your day-to-day workflow.
Our approachable, certified Revit trainers will quickly get you using Revit confidently. They will also share lots of tips and tricks.
This is a hands-on course. It includes lots of time to practise what you are being taught and try things out for yourself.
By the time you finish, you’ll be comfortable using a wide range of Revit’s core features.
✔ A complete beginners’ course that covers all of the basics.
✔ Plenty of one to one attention and time to ask questions.
✔ Friendly expert trainers, small groups and a comfortable place to learn.
✔ All the materials and extras that you’ll ever need.
✔ Ongoing support and help with issues you have after the course.
What Will I Learn?
As well as learning how to create your model from scratch and set it up for print, you will also learn how to create real-time solar studies, 2D renders (CGI) and video walkthroughs.
This course is instructor-led and includes of lots of hands-on workshops to let you practise what you are being taught.
Am I Ready For This Course?
Previous experience on a CAD program, as well as construction industry knowledge, is not essential but will be beneficial.
You should have a good working knowledge of how to use a PC.
The Training Day
Our courses run from 9.30am to roughly 4.15pm with refreshments throughout the day and a break for lunch.
We offer a relaxed, supportive learning environment, fully air-conditioned facilities and some of the nicest instructors on the planet.
Also, you’ll receive:
✔ A full-colour A4 manual covering everything in the course so that you can recap.
✔ A USB stick for the course exercises to let you practise more in your own time.
✔ A Certificate of Attendance.
- Navigating Revit
- Understanding the terminology
- Becoming familiar with the view types
- Creating a Project
- Working with Templates
- Using the Wall tool
- Modifying Walls
- Applying Constraints
- Using Temporary Dimensions
- Manipulating Walls
- Defining a Buildings Levels
- Creating Reference Levels
- Creating a Grid System
- Applying structural elements to the grid
- Placing Doors and Windows
- Loading Doors and Windows from the Library
- Creating Additional Door and Window Types
- Placing Architectural Columns
- Placing Structural Columns
- Creating Additional Column Types
- Creating Floors
- Modifying boundaries
- Creating Shaft Openings
- Creating Sloped Floors
- Creating Roofs
- Creating Roofs by Footprint
- Reference Planes and Work Planes
- Creating Roofs by Extrusion
- Attaching Walls to Roofs
- Creating Ceilings
- Applying a grid system
- Adding Ceiling Fixtures
- Adding Components
- Modifying Components
- Creating Stair by Component
- Modifying Component Stairs
- Creating Stair by Sketch
- Creating Ramps
- Creating and placing Railings
- Creating and editing Curtain Walls
- Embedding Curtain Walls
- Creating a Grid by segments
- Changing Panels
- Applying Mullions
- Duplicating Views
- Setting the View Display
- Elevations and Sections
- Cropping Views
- GIA, Gross Building and rent-able areas
- Creating Area Plans
- Defining Area boundaries
- Area Schemes
- Area Schedules
- Creating colour legends
- Placing Dimensions
- Placing Text
- Placing Leaders
- Setting Up Callout Views
- Drawing Detail Lines & Insulation
- Creating a Line Style
- Creating Regions
- Placing Detail Components
- Setting the sun to your geographical location
- Applying a specific date and time in history
- Creating Still, Single-Day and Multi-Day Solar studies
- Showing Analemma path
- Create an animation of the Solar Study
- Placing camera views
- Creating an Interior and Exterior render
- Setting lighting scheme and sun settings
- Adding an image to the background
- Adjusting the exposure
- Creation of video walkthroughs
- Export as an animation
- Arranging Sheets to print
- Placing and Modifying Views on Sheets
- Editing the Print Setup