Project Management – Deliver Successful Projects ( 1 Day )
This project management training course teaches and practises the techniques and skills which will contribute to successful achievement of project objectives.
Project management can be a daunting prospect, with so many variables to manage it can be difficult to deliver the benefits of a project on time and too budget. This project management training course equips delegates with the tools and confidence to implement on-target projects time after time.
This course is instructor led, involving the utilisation of examples and exercises in a workshop environment.
By the end of the course, each candidate will be able to:
- Recognise the reasons for and barriers to successful project delivery
- Identify the key components of project delivery and management
- Use a proven project planning framework and associated tools
- Maximise project quality
- Successfully negotiate change resulting from the project
There are no prerequisites for this course however it is best suited to all those with responsibility for initiating, managing or participating in project delivery.
- What is a project?
- What is planning?
- Who is responsible?
- Recognising the barriers to successful projects
- Having the toolkit to overcome them
- Realising the business benefits of good project delivery
- Defining the project management processes
- Specifying the stages in the project lifecycle
- Defining the project team and its roles and responsibilities
- Managing the risk with a cycle and a log
- Recognising the need for continuous quality improvement
- Using a fishbone to deliver quality improvement
- Anticipating and planning for successful change
- Deciding what you will do differently from tomorrow and committing to a personal action plan to ensure successful project delivery