SketchUp, formerly Google Sketchup, is a 3D modeling computer program for a wide range of drawing applications such as architectural, interior design, landscape architecture, civil and mechanical engineering, film and video game design. Download the course details
No previous CAD experience is necessary. Working knowledge of drafting and/or design is an advantage but not a prerequisite, some basic knowledge of using a computer is required (opening, saving files, how to use a mouse, etc.)
Our courses run from 9.30 am to approximately 4.15pm. While you are with us we are focused on offering you a relaxed and productive learning environment. When you book a course with us you get the following:
- A full colour training manual/book.
- The exercises that you have worked on during your course to allow you to practice afterwards.
- USB stick to take the exercises away.
- Certificate of attendance
- Freshly prepared lunch.
- Refreshments throughout the day.
- Training in fully air conditioned facilities from an experienced instructor.
- Introduction…What can it do?
- User interface and the screen
- View manipulation
- Sketching and Construction
- Faces and Solids
- Styles, Painting and Views
- Using Push/Pull
- Sweep and Extrude with Follow Me
- Move, Rotate and Scale
- Using Copy
- Circular and Rectangular Patterns
- Using Layers and Colours
- Accessing the Warehouse
- Placing from the Warehouse
- Storing model from the Warehouse
- Review the Extension Warehouse
- Parallel and Perspective view creation
- Storing and replaying views
- Section views
- Sunlight setting
- Using Layout module
- Creating 2D working drawings
This section of the course is designed to pull together all aspects of the 2 days and consolidate the learning experience with a real work design exercise.