Master the basics of Captivate the quick way with our Captivate Introduction / Intermediate course.
Learn all of the core skills that you need to use Captivate as part of your day-to-day workflow.
Our Adobe trainers will quickly get you using Captivate confidently and share lots of tricks of the trade.
This is a hands-on course. It includes lots of time to practise what you are being taught and try things out for yourself.
By the time you finish, you’ll be comfortable using a wide range of Captivate’s core features.
✔ A complete beginners’ course that covers all of the basics.
✔ Plenty of one-to-one attention and time to ask questions.
✔ Friendly expert trainers, small groups and a comfortable place to learn.
✔ All the materials and extras that you’ll ever need.
✔ Ongoing support and help with issues you have after the course.
What Will I Learn?
With plenty of practice to consolidate what you learn, you’ll be up to speed in no time.
During this course you’ll learn how to:
- Create highly engaging content using video, animations and fly-in text.
- Precisely control all aspects of your slides to maximise their impact.
- Quickly record accurate demonstrations, assessments and simulations.
- Publish your finished course using a wide variety of formats.
Am I Ready For This Course?
This is a complete beginners’ course. You do not need previous experience with Captivate to attend it.
So long as you have a reasonable understanding of Windows, and the ability to work with multiple windows, navigate the desktop and an understanding of computer file storage (i.e. drives, files and folders) you’ll be absolutely fine.
The Training Day
Our courses run from 9.30am to roughly 4.15pm. We break for refreshments throughout the day and also have a break for lunch.
We offer a relaxed, supportive learning environment and comfortable, fully air-conditioned facilities. We also have some of the friendliest instructors on the planet.
Also, you’ll receive:
✔ A full-colour A4 manual covering everything in the course to keep.
✔ A USB stick so that you can keep the course exercises and practise in your own time.
✔ A Certificate of Attendance to show that you have been trained professionally.
- Planning eLearning Projects
- Explore the Captivate Interface
- Create and Manage Workspaces
- Preview a Project
- Use the Zoom Features
- Rehearse a Script
- Edit Recording Settings
- Set Recording Keys
- Record a Demonstration
- Record an Assessment
- Record a Training Simulation
- Record a Custom Simulation
- Duplicate a Slide and Hide the Mouse
- Insert, Resize and Move Text Captions
- Modify Text Caption Properties
- Edit the Default Caption Style
- Reset an Object Style
- Changing an Object’s Position & Size
- View the Timeline
- Changing a Slide’s Display Time
- Use the Timeline to Set Object Display Times
- Show/Hide Timeline Objects
- Use the Properties Panel to Control Timing
- Set Mouse Properties
- Check Spelling
- Align Slide Objects
- Change Slide Background Quality
- Insert and Delete Slides
- Insert an Image
- Set Image Size & Slide Position
- Use the Library
- Manage Unused Project Assets
- Crop An Image
- Create an Image Watermark
- Control Image Timing and Transition
- Work With Image Stacks
- Add a Visual Click and Sound
- Draw a Line
- Insert a Rollover Caption
- Insert a Rollover Image
- Insert a Zoom Area
- Insert and Format a Rollover Slidelet
- Format the Rollover Area
- Add a Caption and Image to a Rollover Area
- Add Audio to a Slide Object
- Add Background Audio
- Add a Slide Note
- Calibrate a Microphone
- Record a Narration
- Import Voice Narrations
- Edit an Audio File
- Insert Silence
- Convert Text-to-Speech
- Insert Flash Video
- Set Flash Video Properties
- Add Animation to a Slide
- Insert Text Animation
- Apply a Fly-In Effect to a Text Caption
- Apply a Zig-Zag Motion Path
- Hide the Mouse
- Replace Phrases
- Insert a Click Box
- Insert a Text Entry Box
- Edit Quizzing Object Styles
- Set the Quiz Preferences
- Insert Question Slides
- Format a Question Slide
- Add an Image to a Question Slide
- Paste as Background
- Link to a Web Site
- Apply a Skin
- Edit and Save a Skin
- Delete a Skin
- Create a TOC
- Add a Loading Screen
- Publish a Flash (SWF)
- Publish Word Handouts
- Export Captions
- Perform a Round Trip