What are Quick Steps in Outlook 2010?
Quick steps are ways to replicate common actions that you do in Outlook. They are a brand new feature of Outlook 2010. You’ll notice them on the home ribbon in their own Quick Steps group.
- To create a quick step you can customise one in the group or create your own.
- Click on the to manager quick step. This quick step forwards an email to a specific person. If this is an action you do, this quick step can be created to forward the email to that particular person.
- When you click on a quick step for the first time, the First time setup box will appear, you now need to give it a name. Notice the action Forward has automatically been ticked. Now choose who you want to forward the mail to.
- Click on To and choose a person in your contacts list. If the specific person does not exist in the contacts or global address list you will need to add them before creating a quick step. Click on save when you have chosen your contact.
- Now select an email that you would like to forward. Select your quick step that you have just created. It will open the email as a forward and the specific contact’s address will automatically be there!
This is what a quick step is and how to create one in Outlook 2010
If you want to learn more about Outlook and its tools, then attend one of our Outlook Training Courses.
This Microsoft Outlook training course will teach you the essential skills of using Outlook […] Read more
Course OverviewThis advanced Microsoft Outlook training course will expand your skills in using […] Read more
The Word Essentials course will teach you the fundamentals of using Word. By the […] Read more