Before you can convert text into a table the text needs to be in columns using some sort of separator – for example a tab, hyphen, comma or other symbol.
This is how you do it:
• Highlight the piece of text to be converted into a table format.
• In the Insert ribbon there is a ‘Table’ button.
• Click on the table button and ‘Convert text to table’.
• A dialog box will appear asking how many columns you want, how you want the text to fit and what are the separators used in your document.
• Choose the number of columns required, specify the fixed column width or leave it at ‘auto’ and tick on the appropriate ‘Separate text’ box.
• Your document will now be in a table format.
Click here for further details of our Word training courses.