If you’d like to create a ‘Table of Contents’ in a document the correct styles need to be applied to the relevant headings.
These headings can then be automatically created into a ‘Table of Contents’.
This is how you do it:
• Ensure that you have applied ‘Heading styles’ to the headings in your document.
• Create a page in your document for your ‘Table of Contents’.
• Click onto the page and go to the References ribbon.
• Click on the Table of Contents button which is the first button on the left.
• Click on your preferred layout from the two automatic ‘Table of Contents’ options which can be selected.
• A ‘Table of Contents’ will be inserted onto your chosen page.
• If you point to a heading on the Table of Contents you will notice they have an automatic hyperlink to that heading in the document which is very useful for navigation.
Click here for further details of our Word training courses.