How do you create a Table of Contents in a Word 2007 or 2010 document?
To create a Table of Contents in a document styles need to be applied to the relevant headings. These headings can then be automatically created into a Table of Contents.
- Create a page for your Table of Contents.
- Click onto the page and go to the References ribbon.
- Click on the Table of Contents button which is the first button on the left.
- There are two automatic table of contents options which can be selected.
- A Table of Contents will be inserted onto your chosen page.
- If you point to a heading on the Table of Contents you will notice they have an automatic hyperlink to that heading in the document which is very useful for navigation.
This is how to create a table of contents in a Word 2007 or 2010 document. If you want to learn more about word, then why not attend one of our Word Training Courses.