Can I link to the internet from my PowerPoint 2007 and 2010 presentation?
Yes, you can link to the internet from any PowerPoint presentations using hyperlinks. Hyperlinks can be set up on text, pictures, objects like shapes and action buttons.
- To link to the internet from a presentation select the text, picture, object or action button. For this example we create the hyperlink from a piece of text
- Once the text is highlighted go to the Insert ribbon and the Links group
- In the links group click on the Hyperlink button and the Hyperlinks dialog box appears
- In the Link to panel on the left click on the top option existing file or web page, notice the other options below.
- Now type in the web address.
- You can also add a screen tip, the button is on the top right of this dialog box. This can remind you or someone else delivering the presentation what this hyperlink will link to.
- Click on screentip and type what you’d like the screen tip to say…
- If you want to see the link work, it will only work in Slide show view. Go to your view ribbon and click on slide show. You can also go to your status bar which is the grey bar at the bottom of the screen. There are four view buttons on the right. The last button which looks like an old fashioned projection screen is slide show.
- Press the number of your slide and then return. You will see the underlined text which is your hyperlink. When clicked this takes you to the specified website.
- This same process works from shapes, pictures and other objects on a slide.
This is how to link to the internet from a PowerPoint 2007 and 2010 presentation. If you would like to learn more about PowerPoint then take a look at our PowerPoint Training Courses.
NEW LOWER PRICE!This Microsoft PowerPoint training course will help you learn the fundamentals […] Read more
Course DetailsThis advanced Microsoft PowerPoint training course will make you an expert PowerPoint […] Read more
Take advantage of our £55 saving off of the standard price by booking the […] Read more